COME JOIN OUR TEAM!!
Conejos County Social Services is seeking a Child Care Casemanager. Starting salary, $35,360. Determines eligibility for child care assistance, refer children for child care assistance and work with child care providers. High School Diploma or equivalent required, one-year experience preferred. Applications accepted until filled and available on line at conejoscounty.colorado.gov, County Human Resources/Administration Office 6683 County Rd. 13, Conejos CO. or via email upon request at email@example.com. Inquiries call (719) 376-6799. EOE
Conejos County Social Services is seeking an Eligibility Case Aide. Starting rate
$33,685/16.20 hr DOQ. Duties include: Assisting Eligibility Case Managers in daily
clerical duties, data entry, maintains records/files, performs backup filing, pending
applications for Food Stamps/Medicaid/TANF and will be back up for front desk. Must
have strong computer skills. HS Diploma or equivalent, one-year working in an office
setting preferred. Application Form Required. Applications accepted until filled.
Application available at County Human Resources 6683 County Rd. 13, Conejos CO. or
via email upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org . Inquiries call (719) 376-6799. EOE
The Conejos County Department of Social Services will be awarding a total of six (6) academic scholarships to graduating seniors from our Conejos school districts. Scholarships to awarded participants will be $1000 for the fall semester. (2023) This will be a one-time scholarship and not ongoing assistance. If interested, please prepare a cover sheet along with a 2-3 page essay. Your cover sheet should include:
- First and Last Name
- Current GPA
- Annual Family Income
- School District Name
- Current Physical Address
- Current Citizenship status
- Expected major
- College you will be attending in fall.
- Contact Telephone Number
Your essay should include:
- Examples of what you have accomplished as a student that have demonstrated goodwill towards the citizens of Conejos County.
- Attitudes towards poverty – How would you define poverty and to what extent does stigma contribute to the experience of living in poverty?
- Do you think it is a government’s responsibility to provide welfare assistance or should it be the responsibility of others? Why?
- How do you envision assisting those in need of assistance as you begin your professional careers?
Your essays can be submitted to:
Conejos County Department of Social Services
c/o Nicholas Barela
PO BOX 68
Conejos, CO 81129
*To qualify for this scholarship:
- Your family income must be less than $75,000 annually
- Be a resident of Conejos County
- US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- If necessary, essays will be scored at 50 points and will be reviewed by a panel of representatives from DSS. Essays will be scored on: format, responses to questions, and overall readability.
- There are no GPA requirement to this scholarship
Conejos County Department of Social Services will strive to educate, motivate, and protect individuals
and families in order to achieve self-sufficiency and secure a stable home environment.
People are our business. Together we can achieve our goal.
Hour of Operation:
Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (except holidays)
Department of Social Services
PO Box 68
12989 County Rd. G.6
Conejos, CO 81129
- NICHOLAS BARELA, DIRECTOR
- MICHELLE FERRERA, ADULT PROTECTION AND CHILD WELFARE SUPERVISOR
- CHRISTINE GARCIA, CHILD CARE AND CHILD SUPPORT SUPERVISOR
- KAYTE MORA, ELIGIBILITY SUPERVISOR